Beetroot borani recipe
We tried this on our first visit to Morito, the little tapas bar next door to its sister Moro in Exmouth market and adopted it for the early Wright's. It was also one of the favourite places we took some of our staff to on a memorable London trip to gain inspiration for our own menu.
Beetroot in one form or another is often on the Wright's menu and always popular. The autumnal shredded raw beetroot, mint, almond and pomegranate salad or the roasted glazed beetroot with toasted walnuts and Stitchelton, or beetroot bourguignon.
- 1kg raw beetroot
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 4 tablespoons good olive oil plus more to drizzle
- 6 tablespoons thick natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 100g pickled ewes cheese or feta
- Handful toasted walnuts
- Handful fresh mint
- Cook the beetroot by scrubbing clean and boiling in salted water until just cooked, around 30 -40 mins, drain and leave to cool then peel.
- Put into a food processor and blend, add the garlic, some salt and pepper, olive oil, yoghurt, vinegar and mix well.
- Spoon into a dish and sprinkle with crumbled cheese, a drizzle more olive oil, chopped walnuts and torn mint leaves.