EATING AT WRIGHT'S – MAS TU FAS
We're back in a small, largely outdoor way. It's all quite different so here are the main things you might need to know:
- Everything we do is constrained by the need to keep customers and staff safe
- We will be taking bookings only so we can control the numbers and keep you safe.
- The shop is currently closed so we can keep plenty of space around tables
- We are able to let customers inside from Monday 3rd August - but the preference will continue to be to use the outdoor space. So, if the weather looks bad we will call you and let you know we are moving the service inside the building
- The tables inside the building will be very well spaced and the rooms will be well ventilated. We will have a a maximum of thirty people seated inside at any one time.
- The times below are the only times we can feed you. For staff safety the number of people in the kitchen is also constrained. We cannot serve you outside these hours and the menu shown is the only one we have available, There is no takeaway food service.
- The Click and Collect shop continues to function as it has for the past 3 months - thank you for your valuable support.
From Aug 3rd - September 2nd we will still be operating mainly only outside with a well ventilated and spaced out inside as a fall back if the weather is too grim.
The opening hours will be changing to:
Saturday - Wednesday lunch 12-3pm
Saturday supper from 6pm - 8pm
Thursday and Friday Closed
Remember that on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays in August you will be able to enjoy a £10 discount per head on food and soft drinks courtesy of the Eat Out to Help Out scheme
Menus for August
Monday 3rd August to Wednesday 5th August
Rare roast beef tonnato
Fried Aubergine, honey and labneh
Dahl, crispy cumin onions, roast carrots
Chicken cooked in cider, garden herbs
Roast peaches, raspberry ice cream
Treacle tart, marmalade cream
Saturday 8th August to Wednesday 12th August
Baked piquillo peppers, white bean hummus, pomegranates and almonds
Heirloom tomato and halloumi bruschetta
Mutton curry, flatbreads
Meringue, nectarines and cream
Chocolate torte,milk ice cream
Saturday 15th August to Wednesday 19th August
Beetroot borani, pickled ewes cheese and mint
Roast cauliflower, lentil, Romesco
Chard, spinach and ewes cheese lasagne
Blackcurrant Bakewell tart, cream
All menus subject to change
Here’s how it works – and some of the things we’re doing to keep everyone safe:
- We’re opening – a little – but things are going to be different for the time being. The most important thing is to keep everybody safe and at the same time enjoy some delicious food and drink in the open air.
- We are taking bookings by telephone only and there will be a maximum of 30 customers in our outside space at any one time. Telephone 01558 668929 any day between 10 and 4.
- Let us know any dietary requirements, we have some simple pasta options for small children but other than in those cases we won’t be able to offer alternative dishes to those on the menu.
- We will be watching the weather forecast closely. If it seems like we will be unable to keep you dry and comfortable we may have to cancel the service but we'll let you know in plenty of time.
- We'll be taking credit card details when you book and reserve the right to charge £10 per head if cancellation is not made by 9am on the day of the reservation.
Here are some of the things we’re doing in addition to our normal hygiene routine and a few messages to guests:
- If you have any symptoms such as a high temperature, dry cough, loss of taste or smell then we ask that you don’t visit the premises.
- At the moment it’s strictly outside only from August 3rd we will have inside available if the weather is poor – the only access allowed inside the building is to use the toilets. Toilets will be checked and disinfected regularly during service.
- The shop will not be reopening yet.
- Staff numbers in the kitchen have been greatly reduced to allow for safe distancing. All staff will be temperature checked before every shift.
- Front of house staff will be wearing masks.
- We have a Covid-19 full risk assessment which is available for guests to see on request.
- All guests are asked to respect social distancing measures and to be respectful of the safety concerns of others.