Updated Nov 30th
Just so there is no danger of us getting bored, the whole regime of restrictions has changed again and once more we must change with it. It’s pretty remarkable how so many independent restaurants, cafes and pubs have made it this far given that we have now been closed more days than open in 2020.
From Friday 4th December at 6pm we are not being told to close, but we cannot sell alcohol or indeed allow its consumption on the premises and we have to close at 6pm. This is not ideal obviously, particularly at Christmas and it doesn’t make financial sense for us to continue with restaurant service whilst this is the case. Instead we will be keeping our shop open. You will find more on this after our last two choice lunch menu.
Thursday 3rd & Friday 4th December
2 courses: £17.50
3 courses: £22.50
Bookings essential via email email@example.com
Rare roast beef tonnato
Celeriac and apple soup
Hake, chorizo and potato stew
Butternut squash, walnut pesto and parsley lasagne
Ginger cake, butterscotch sauce
Llanarthne Shop from 5th December
From 5th December we will be open in Llanarthne Wednesday to Saturday, 11am to 4pm as a shop stocking things made by Wright's including our Christmas Bara Brith, Christmas Puddings and mince pies, meat, cheese, gifts, wine, beer, seasonal fruit and veg and much more.
We will also be offering coffees, teas, soft drinks and a range of Wright’s greatest hits on the cake front. The idea being that if it takes your fancy you can roll up, do some Christmas shopping and stop for a coffee or whatever too. Just to be clear - it will be cakes only on the food front.
What you need to know
- Everything we do is constrained by the need to keep customers and staff safe.
- From Monday 9th November, in accordance with Welsh Government rules there has been a maximum limit of tables for 4 people with the exceptions being that children under the age of 11 will not be included in that number and allowing for a single household with more than 6 members.
- The tables inside the building are very well spaced and the rooms will be well ventilated and we will try to balance this with keeping you comfortable. We will have a maximum of thirty-five people seated inside at any one time.
- There is no takeaway food service.
- The Click and Collect shop continues to function as it has for the past 8 months - thank you for your valuable support.
- Things are going to be different for the time being. The most important thing is to keep everybody safe and at the same time enjoy some delicious food and drink.
- We are taking bookings by telephone and there will be a maximum of 30 customers in our outside or inside space at any one time. Telephone 01558 668929 any day between 10 and 4.
- Let us know any dietary requirements, we have some simple pasta options for small children but other than in those cases we won’t be able to offer alternative dishes to those on the menu.
Some of the things we’re doing in addition to our normal hygiene routine and a few messages to guests
- If you have any symptoms such as a high temperature, dry cough, loss of taste or smell then we ask that you don’t visit the premises.
- Toilets will be checked and disinfected regularly during service.
- Staff numbers in the kitchen have been greatly reduced to allow for safe distancing. All staff will be temperature checked before every shift.
Front of house staff will be wearing masks.
- We have a Covid-19 full risk assessment which is available for guests to see on request.
- All guests are asked to respect social distancing measures and to be respectful of the safety concerns of others.