Asparagus, whipped ewes' cheese & dukkah recipe
There's always great excitement in the kitchen when the asparagus season arrives, we love to serve it with fish as it usually coincides with sewin season. This year we are not going to see either on the menu so we are sharing one of our favourite vegetarian recipes.
- 50g whole skinned hazelnuts
- 50g while skinned almonds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Toast the spices in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Roast the nuts and sesame seeds in an oven set at 160oc for 5 mins until lightly browned.
- Chop the nuts roughly and crush the spices in a pestle and mortar.
- Mix all together whilst still warm.
Whipped ewes' cheese
- Crumble the cheese into a blender and add the yoghurt and mix until creamy and thick.
- Add the honey and lemon juice to taste and a little salt and pepper.
Bunch of asparagus or two
- Trim the asparagus by snapping the tough ends off, wash and season, drizzle with a little olive oil and cook in a hot frying or griddle pan until slightly coloured and just cooked but still crunchy.
Serve immediately with a spoonful of the cheese and a sprinkle of the dukkah.